Lifegroups at Morningside:
Free-Market System – Lifegroups can meet anytime, anywhere, about any appropriate topic/activity that allows group members to build relationships and talk about next steps of faith.
Semester Schedule – Lifegroups run 12 week semesters with 4-6 weeks off in between each semester. This time off allows group members and leaders to rest and prepare for upcoming semesters. Semesters provide an established time by which new groups may form and new members have opportunities to sign up. Some groups choose to meet year around.
E.S.P.N. – No matter what group you lead or attend, you will find this acronym used. Each group will be an Encouragement to you. Each group will have a Spiritual aspect such as a devotion, scripture, or intense Bible study. Each group will offer Prayer for needs. And each group will encourage you to take a Next step in your faith journey.
Lifegroups Support Team – We have a team of seasoned Lifegroup leaders who are here to help you get your group off the ground and running. If you have been thinking about leading a group, click on the prompt above, fill out the info, and we will connect you with our Support Team to help you explore taking that next step of faith.
Lifegroups are important because:
- God Himself lives in eternal community. (Genesis 1:26)
- Jesus gave us an example of living in community through His relationship with the twelve disciples.
- Early church believers continued in this example of relationships. (Acts 2:42‐47)
- Life change in Christ happens best in the context of relationships. (Hebrews 10:24-25)
- Lifegroups guard against isolation. (Proverbs 18:1)
- A Lifegroup provides opportunities for you to thrive as an individual and do life together with other group members as you connect with God and others; grow in your relationship with God and others; and serve God, others and our community.
Want to know more? Email us at email@example.com